Wednesday 31 July 2013

Summer Checklist!

I haven't blogged in a while...although day after day its been on my mind to!
My summer holidays are in full swing: I'm 12 days in now.
I can't say I've done much with my time so far. Some of my friends are jetting off to far away places- but- alas, I am not.
 Last year my family and I went to France, and the year before Florida: but this is the first year that we have our two beautiful cats (Read about them HERE) and all of us (especially mum) couldn't bear to leave them behind.

(If you've forgotten  their 'Feline Faces', here they are again :-)




Whether we: 



  • put them in a cat shelter.......
  • get a member of our family to visit them.......
  • Hire someone to live with them ......
  • Skype with them every night....
  • Send them to to Buckingham Palace to be personally served gourmet delights by the QUEEN herself on a silver platter.....

I STILL don't think my dear old mother would  could find it in her heart to leave the cats.
Which means no holiday abroad/holiday in England for more than 3 days.
Yet still I am determined to keep my summer jam-packed: I've failed miserably so far, 

most days I'm waking up late, 
                            walking around in a haze, 
                                                  snaking on junk,
                                                         not knowing what time or even what day it is,
                                                                   and going to bed early hours of the morning.
Whoops!

I've made the conscious decision to make a change.

Please welcome my Summer Checklist! 



1) Number one is to practice my keyboard like a crazy person. My Grade 5 exam is scheduled for November and I'm waaayyyy behind. I don't want to get into the mindset that I have lots of time- because November will creep up on me before I know it! It seems like I've lost all motivation, and would much rather read and book or play guitar. I just need to push through the work, and hopefully I'll get back into the swing of things.

2) I'm probably going to redecorate my room, which I'm super excited about. My room has been in its current state for nearly 3 years now and I want to switch things up. I have a theme in mind and hopefully I'll do a blog post devoted entirely to this topic once I plan it a bit more...and not to mention pictures of when its finally finished! (aaaa just writing this makes me eminently excited!)

3) I'm going to try and eat as healthily as possible. I'm not going to cut out sweet treats completely, just greatly limit my intake; and have something healthy instead.
E.g: Banana>Cake.
Also, exercise more. I'm really loving Just Dance and Wii Fit on the Wii as its fun yet beneficial. My weight goal is set on Wii Fit (I want to lose a couple of pounds) but I'm not going to go overboard and push myself too far- because I won't be able to keep it up. If I don't meet my goal, but still lose weight and feel like I've made improvements, that's fine for me. It's all about starting small.

4) Like I mentioned earlier, my body clock is messed up. I'm going to bed too late and waking up too late. If I don't sort this out when I start back school I'm going to have a big shock when I have to get up at 7:00am opposed to 12:30pm. My goal is to go to bed at 10:00pm and get up at 10:00am (or as near as possible) every day. I've got it down to 11:45pm-10:15am roughly. I'm still working on it.

5) I have a little bit of homework to do... Read a book (Lord Of The Flies... I've read a chapter & I'm not sure how I feel about it yet) and do a page of maths work. My art teacher also gave me a 'no-obligation-to-complete-GCSE-art assignment', as she really wanted me to take art as one of my GCSE's but I didn't have enough options. However I do really love art, and if I have some spare time and I'm in the mood to do it/bits of it; I will

6) Have fun.


Hope you enjoyed my Summer Checklist! Are you going anywhere this summer? Can I come with you in your suitcase? (only joking....kind of)


*Sparkle*---
Rachel   xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment